Excited! we have 8 dyers and 3 gofers (not golfers) + 2 little kiddies coming.
Any Q’s give me a ring.
Ideas of fibre: old woolen jumpers/blankets, silk threads, linen or lace, cotton fabric (not big amounts but a variety to sample)
Ideas for dye source: eucalyptus leaves, onion skins, frozen flowers, tea
WARM clothes for night time
The cottage has cutlery/plates etc
Bring your harmonica!
Dyeing with eucalypts on protein fibre:
- weight loosely tied skeins of fibre or fabric
- collect at least twice the weight of the fibre
- cut up the leaves put in onion bag
- cover with rain water and place in the fibre
- bring to simmer and slow cook for al least an hour…longer time makes a deeper colour
- take off heat and let it cool down over night
- hand rinse in clean water and spin, hang in shade
There is a lot of information on the net and in the library. Be inspired by nature’s colours! …Mieke